Your touch screen can be cleaned with any standard glass cleaner so long as it is ammonia free. Always spray glass cleaner on a cloth to clean the touchscreen. Cleaner should never be sprayed directly onto the touchscreen as it could cause damage. Mrs. Meyer’s glass cleaner is a good ammonia free product that contains alcohol.
You may want to consider turning the screen off ahead of wiping it down, to ensure that icons do not shift during cleaning.
Please watch our video on safely using and cleaning your screen here.
Disinfectants Safe for Touch Screen Products
- Household bleach solution (1/3 cup of bleach per gal. of water)
- Isopropyl alcohol (≤ 70% alcohol)
- Lysol Brand Clean & Fresh Multi Surface Cleaner (20% cleaner solution to water ratio)
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes
- Lonza Disinfectant Wipes
- Mrs. Meyers Clean Day Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner
DO NOT Use Any of the Following Materials to Clean or Disinfect Your Touch Screen
- Isopropyl alcohol at concentration > 70%
- Methyl Alcohol or Ethyl Alcohol at concentration > 35%
- Formula 409
- Thinner or benzine
- Strong alkali lyes or solvents
- Detergents with fluoride
- Detergents with ammonia at concentration > 1.6%
- Abrasive cleaners or detergents with abrasives
- Steel wool, sponges with abrasives, steel blades, or cloth with steel threads